- Digital Concept Illustration for games and film
- Sequential Art Production – traditional & digital
- Narrative Production for film, television, and games
- Illustration and Graphic Design in Adobe Creative Suite
- Fiction and non-fiction writing
- Video production and photography
Concept Designer (Contractor) at Anvil Drop
July 2014 – Present
As Concept Designer I coordinated with studio leadership and developers to create conceptual art for a Greenlit video
game currently in production, named ‘Anomaly 1729’. With the use of such programs as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Corel
Painter X3, I developed original in an iterative process with the Art Lead.
Cartoonist – ‘Teddy & Tom’ at www.teddyandtom.com
June 2014 – Present
As Cartoonist I wrote, edited, and illustrated the four-panel sequential web-comic employing a variety of techniques, including digital illustration, brush and pen illustration, and digital coloring in Adobe Photoshop. In November of 2014 I began producing cartoons daily and created the official Teddy & Tom website as well as a weekday mailing list.
Creative Media Specialist at IIHR – Hydroscience & Engineering, University of Iowa
December 2011 – March 2015
As a member of the Research Computing Support’s creative team at the University of Iowa’s IIHR – Hydroscience & Engineering Laboratory, I coordinated with research staff, instructors, and students to create a wide range of graphics and illustrations using such tools as the Adobe Creative Suite, CorelDraw, Google SketchUp, and ProEngineer 3D drafting software. I also lent my production expertise in the creation of instructional and research videos.
- Served as lead 3D designer on 6 high-budget hydraulics research projects for The City of London, and coordinated with leads to revise and finalize the projects.
- Provided design expertise in the creation of logos and branding material for 3 university-associated divisions and research groups.
- Spearheaded the design of promotional posters and materials used to promote weekly seminars and other events in the institute and around campus.
- Revised and edited document copy to increase effectiveness of material
Editor-in-Chief at Iowa Decanted
July 2013 – July 2014
As founder and editor-in-chief of Iowa Decanted, an online publication featuring the native wine industry of Iowa, I created the business model currently being implemented to support the site. I also supervised all creative and technical aspects of the publication, and coordinated with industry organizations and
professionals to produce content designed for consumer outreach and education.
- Directed the activities, PR, marketing and quality of state-wide trade publication
- Oversaw writing and content creation of a staff ranging from 3 to 6 individuals
- Designed and implemented social media marketing plan employing content management tools such as HootSuite which resulted in strong brand entrance
- Wrote copy for publication in the form of articles, blogs and posts
- Managed online presence and brand engagement with tools such as Google Analytics, MailChimp, and SurveyMonkey
Studio Director | Video Specialist at Iowa City Senior Center
February 2011 – July 2014
As Studio Director for Senior Center Television, I provided technical and training services to the volunteer staff and lead the creation and distribution of video programming reels. I served as lead videographer and editor on numerous projects, utilizing SLRs and professional HD video cameras as well as the Final Cut
- Led training sessions and coordination of a volunteer crew of around 15
- Authored training documents and additional material for distribution
- Coordinated the creation of 6 or more hours of video programming each month
- Distributed programing to 4 local television broadcast stations
Additional job history can be found on my LinkedIn profile.